Monday, January 27, 2014

Ninja Chronicles: The Return: Girl Lost Part 2

As the SUV came up the dirt road, I knew that I had to think of something, and fast, plus knowing who these people were I knew right off that they weren't expecting anyone to be here, yet prepared for it either way..

"OK, this isn't good." Amy stated as she huddled next to Corinne.

Alexis turned to face me. "Is there any chance that we could be able to get away from this without a fight?" She asked.

Looking around, I could see that they had a clear line of sight in every direction, if we tried to get away, this wasn't going to bode well, considering that we didn't know what they had in there that might be able to take us out as we got away. Personally I didn't like the thought, but the only wild card here was me, considering that no one knew (not even my own team mates) what I carried on me at any given time.

Without looking at them. "Get Corinne out of here, I'll deal with these guys." I told them. "Look don't argue with me, I'm the only one here that happens to be the most unpredictable since no one, not even you guys, know what I carry on me at all times." I told them. "Use the glider to get her back, I'll recall it to me when I get done to get back to the house. In the mean time, Corinne needs medical attention and yesterday. We have everything that we need in the basement. Now go"

I watched them head over to the glider and take it with them. I turned to see that the SUV had stopped and there were men getting out of the car, one of which had something that I did actually fear they might have, an R.P.G., not good. Taking out some small razor birds as I'd come to call them during my multi-world adventures, I targeted the men that were close to me and let loose. All of them hit their targets and the men dropped in pain, none of them however had been killed, but that wasn't going to stop them from still trying to take out the girls. I brought up a shoulder mounted laser targeting system and fired a micro missile dart directly at the nose of the R.P.G.. Upon making contact, the resulting explosion not only tore the launcher apart as well as the back end of the SUV, but the one holding the R.P.G. was killed instantly as well, leaving on parts behind, and that wasn't a good thing either.

Considering that the ones that had been trying to kill me were now out of commission, I went over to one of the ones that were on the ground in pain and picked him up by his throat. "I want to know who the one that you take orders from is. I don't care if you know the one at the very top since I know that you don't know that. I just want your boss and that's it" I stated as I lifted the guy off the ground.

As I lifted him off the ground, his eyes met mine and in his silence I scanned him to make sure that he didn't have anything that might prevent me from getting the information that I wanted, and discovered that he had a remote linking him back to someone else that actually had been watching the entire thing. I ran a trace as he struggled to say something, something that I now knew was going to be completely useless. "I don't know who in the world you happen to be, but I don't know who my boss is, we just get our orders through the phone and that's it, there's nothing else.." He told me.

The trace complete, I knew that he was right, but I wasn't going to let him know that. I dropped him to the ground and turned to walk away. "You'll live, but let your boss know, Ninja is coming for him, and it's not going to be pleasant." With that I activated the recall and summoned the glider back to me. I kept walking even as the glider came. "Be thankful it's only your hand, you could've ended up the way that the other one did." I finished as the glider arrived.

I didn't say anything else, I got on and flew off, leaving them to whatever they might end up thinking of.

About less than five minutes later, I arrived back at the house in the back yard and at once went down to the basement. I noticed that the ladies still had Corinne with them, but Corinne was sitting in a chair. "What happened. I thought that you two would've brought her there by now." I said as I picked up Corinne and started walking away.

"Well we would've but considering that you said we had the everything needed in the basement, and last I knew we didn't." Amy stated.

I turned and looked at them. "Come on, do you two know remember nothing here." I said as I turned and started walking. Taking a couple stepped towards a wall, I could hear that they were about to say something, but whatever it was got cut of, as I crossed between dimensions through the opening that I had left open. It was a controlled sliver, one that I could be able to keep open only between this world and the one that I had just left. The world that I now was on, was the same world that I had first traveled to back when I had started out my little adventures. The sliver with in a geo-dimensional lock, meaning that between the two worlds, unless someone knew about it other than myself and those that I personally let know, that it would stay put even as the worlds rotated and moved around their suns.

After walking through, I brought Corinne over to a bed that was laid out with medical equipment and gear that I knew was going to need for helping Corinne out. About a minute into setting Corinne up on the bed, both Amy and Alexis walked through and were completely stunned. "Ah how in the world is this possible, I thought that any dimensional link was closed." Alexis stated.

They are, but this one isn't like the rest, this is a completely controlled access, meaning that unless authorized on this side, no one on this side can be able to cross over to our world. However the same can't be said from our world to this one, and the only reason why I had it set up this way is because all of the tech that is needed to maintain the access point can only operate in this world, not ours." I told them as worked the medical equipment for Corinne.

Without looking around I could tell that the two of them were looking around the place, and seeing everything that this world had that ours didn't. Suddenly I hear a sharp intake of breath. "Where are we, because this isn't Martinez?" Amy asked.

While still working and finishing up, I knew I was going to shock her. "The dimensional access is in Geo-Dimensional lock, which means that on our world we're in Martinez, yet in this world we're in their version of New York City." I told them as I came over to the window after finishing with Corinne. Even though it's a different dimension, it doesn't mean that the location are going to copy from one world to the other, everything changes even slightly at times, which means that land masses change and even the location of cities happen to change. For the most part, this world is a mirror of ours, with some minor exceptions, one being that even though in our world and this one the land and the cities are the same, with that access point being there, it means that the locations are completely different. Here I'll show you." I told them as I walked over to a wall terminal computer that had been located directly in front of the access point, which mind you had made sure was blocked off on three sides, so that no one could actually go through without actually knowing that it was there in the first place. I brought up the holo-projector and called up a dimensional view of the two worlds. "When I first arrived on this world, it was literally the first world that I visited upon leaving our world, now considering that I wasn't doing that much exploring at the time for the world's that I was traveling to, it meant that for some of them that I didn't get to take the time and learn about them. Considering that this was the first world that I did travel to, I came back here. I wasn't planning on going back to our world ever again, at least not till you convinced me Alexis." I said. "But as you can see from what's being projected, the worlds are moving at the exact same rate and pace, however everything from our world to this one is a whole land mass off. Meaning that when this world formed up, it didn't settle into place, until it had gotten to this point, mind you that was before the planet had grown and the continental drift happened. Even after that had happened, everything is as you see it now." I finished explaining to them. "However there was a minor hitch when I first arrived, since I hadn't perfected out the leaping unit. I moved not only in dimensions, but also in space as well, however not in time. That right there was the one thing that I had actually worried about. But as things would go, everything worked out, at least everything except for the missile that I leaped right in front of upon arriving here." I remembered that day all too well, including the reception upon returning after a few years of being gone from here.

No one on this world had any idea of the adventures and the different worlds that I had traveled to since I had first arrived, nor of the many things that I had learned as well. "Come on, I'll give you two a proper tour of the place." I told them. Considering the window looked out over the vast city, it meant that we were in one of the highest parts of the building, and when I showed them they found out that it was just part of the top floor of the place. "Much of the tech that you see here on this world, I actually brought over to ours for the house, which also includes the field that surrounds the house and part of the hill as well. Everything developed on this world and brought over to our world, and basically all of the tech there R&D'd here and tried out over there. Believe me, the one thing that I discovered on this world is that thanks to the war that I had tripped over onto had brought the tech up faster than it had on our world. It's something that I still find fascinating to be honest." I told them.

The tour brought us all over the building, but considering Amy at least had never actually stepped foot on this world, it meant that she couldn't (at least for the time being) step one foot outside the building. Upon arriving back to the main lab, we discovered that Corinne was just coming around, the medical equipment here doing the work faster than it normally did. "Well looks who's coming around." I said as I walked over to her. "So how do you feel?" I asked.

Corinne gave off only a moaning sound as she also tried to move around. I let her try and get her bearings, but the one thing that I wasn't going to do was try to keep her lying on the bed if she didn't want it. After all, if I did, then she would only struggle and fight back and that right there was the last thing that anyone needed.

I turned to Amy and pointed at some water that was nearby, and right as I had done that Corinne started to moan again, only this time something different happened. "Wh..wh..where am...I?" She asked haltingly.

I got the water and pressed the class to her lips. "Don't try to move too fast, after everything that you've been through you're a bit dehydrated, here drink some, and not too fast." I said.

Corinne brought her hands slowly up to the glass, and I helped her out. She took a sip and wanted more, but when she tried to get more water and faster, that's when I stopped her and pulled the glass away. "Easy there, it's going to take time to get fully back to normal. After everything that you've been through you're going to need the time to recover. Do you know how long you were there for?" I asked her.

Corinne for the first time started to look around, and that's when she noticed that she wasn't in that shed any more. "Nn..no." and it was then that I could tell that she still needed more time.

"OK I know you're not going to like this, but I need you to lie back down, that way the medical system has more of a chance to be able to help you recover more. Right now the first stage has been completed, but there are more stages that you need to go through, and right now we need to start you on the second stage.

Corinne lay back down, but I could tell that she wasn't going willingly at all. The next stage actually didn't take that long compared to how things were done in our world, within about an hour we were onto the third stage, but by that point I knew that it was time to show everyone there the world that we were currently on at that time.

After putting Corinne into a wheel chair, I brought them all over to the lift that was nearby and brought them up to the roof of the place. Once on the roof, we got to see the entire city that was around us. "Welcome to the secondary world to our own." I told them.

The city that we were looking out on looked like a future version of the New York city that we had on our world, however unlike the New York in our world, this city was brighter and cleaner than ours, and much bigger too.

"This place is amazing." Amy stated as she walked to the edge. "You said that they were ahead, but I had no idea that they were this far ahead."

I smiled. "I truth this is everything that came after their second civil war, the one that I ended. Before that war happened, which actually lasted far longer than either theirs or our original ones, their tech level was on par with ours. However once that war started, the tech level started going through the roof at an alarming speed, something that I had never seen before and haven't seen since. Though mind you I had thought that it might be something other worldly besides me, however considering that I had been here for so short of time, I know that I had nothing to do with this world in the least. So at this point I am kinda wondering about it, but I also know that there's nothing that I can currently do either." I told them as I helped Corinne over to the edge as well to see the city.

Amy turned to face me, and I noticed a look in her eyes, one that I had only seen once before in my life, a look of sheer determination. "Tell me, on this world, is Martinez still around? You said that they had a second civil war and that when you first appeared on this world you appeared right in the middle of it since the worlds were synced together at that time before moving." She said.

I didn't know how to tell her this, so I figured that it was best to show all three of them. "I think that it's going to be better if I just show you all." I told them as I took them back to the lift and brought them down to a sub-transport level. "This transport will take us back to the west coast, and from there you'll get to see what the place looks like on this world."

About fifteen minutes later of underground travel, we arrived at the other end of the line. We came up into another building, but this time after signaling ahead, there was transport ready and waiting for us there. We traveled over the bridge and to the other side of the hills to see what everything looked like on this world. Pretty much once we got to the other side of the tunnel what was left of the war everyone could see, and this wasn't something that anyone should ever have to see.

The entire country side was still trying to grow back from the loss that took place during the war, and knowing that there was no one living on this side, made the impact all the more harder. We arrived at the same location that I had first arrived at years ago. The ground was still scorches from the missiles and the fires that had taken place here. This wasn't anything that one would have expected to take place right in their own back yards. The bunkers and everything that had dealt with the war was still there, but since the war was over, everything had been abandoned.

We walked around the place just seeing what was there, and all during this time, the girls were quite, and I understood that completely after all how could one be able to get through the mind numbing thoughts of what had gone on here, even I couldn't.

"Where did you arrive at?" Amy asked.

I walked over to the spot and pointed up. "About thirty feet straight up. I didn't want to arrive landing in the middle of something so I tried to grab as much air as I could, though after I had done it I realized that it wouldn't have mattered since I didn't know what I was leaping into in the first place. That was the problem right there, but after from the different worlds that I traveled to, that it didn't matter since each world was going to be different in their own different little ways. The only thing that I did know, was that each of the different world that I visited would have the same land masses period." I told them as I looked around. "As soon as I appeared up there, the first thing that I saw was a missile coming from that direction right there." I told them pointing in the direction that it came from.

"I can't believe that this happened on this world, I mean did we really end up in a war here?" Amy asked. "What in the world were they fighting over in the first place?" She asked.

That was something that I didn't know how to answer, after all how do you tell someone from a different dimensional world that the one that they were on fought over something that is slowly becoming a reality on our own world, and that it took a civil war of epic size to bring them to the brink all for someone that he thought he should rule with an iron fist, or that I was the one that had to bring him down. Since I really didn't know what to say I just stayed quiet and just looked out on the battle field that had come so close to wiping out the rest of the country. This being the closest any war ever came. "This is the closest that the war ever came to wiping an entire country out, changing the maps forever. No one lives in the center area of the country any more, only along either side. There is literally no law in the middle any more, anyone that is living out there is only living with the fear that they might be killed by literally anything at any moment in time. That transport that we came in, that right there travels under the entire country and moves at such speeds that it takes only 15 minutes to get from one side of the country to the other." I told them as I walked back over to the car that brought us here in the first place.

Corinne stood in place looking over the field as if she could see the battle raging before her, and maybe in some small way she actually could, but I was never going to know what was going through her mind at that point. The one thing that I did know was that all Corinne wanted right then was revenge for what happened to her for all those years, and that was something that I could very well understand. However I knew that she was going to need more medical attention before she fully recovered from all those years. "Come on we should get back." I said to her. "You still need more care than what you've had so far, you're still a long way off, come on."

Reluctantly without saying a word Corinne turned and came back to the car. The trip back took the same amount of time, but in truth it honestly felt a lot longer than it had, I just wish I knew some way of being able to help her recover faster but I knew that she would have to take her own time in doing that.

The total time in all for everything took about two more weeks on both worlds, and Corinne was coming along nicely, all things considered. I had a feeling that she had a drive in her to take on those that hurt her and hurt back. That was something that I could very well understand. However I had decided that she was going to need to direct that revenge in a different direction after everything was all said and done, and that meant joining Alexis, Amy and I in what we were doing, and that also meant not only giving her a suit of her own, but also doing the one thing that Amy and Alexis never had and that is the training needed to focus her mind.

Corinne knew about the cross point and had traveled through several times before in the past couple of weeks to both worlds, she had been brought fully up to speed on everything when I came over to the second world with a small box in hand. Corinne looked up from what she had been reading when she heard me come through. "Hey there, what's up?" She asked and then noticed the box in hand. "And what's that?"

I held up the box looking at her. "This right here is a little gift, something that I came up with on the other side that I believe will help you out a great deal. It's something that Alexis, Amy and I already have." I told her as I placed it on the bed beside her. "When you're ready that is, we'll be waiting on the other side, there's a note inside telling you everything that you need to know." I told her as I walked back over to the portal and stepped through.

Once through, I saw Alexis and Amy standing off to the side. "She's got it, but I left it by her side, leaving it all up to her in the end." I said as I sat down at the table and picked up a pad that I had there with something that I had been working on.

A minute later I heard a sound behind me, and turned to see a figure stepping through the portal coming into this world. Corinne had taken the unit that I gave her, read the instructions and had suited up. She wore a golden armor that was similar to what I had with the flexible metal. The only main difference between my armor and the one that she wore was that her right arm is where the majority of her weapons were kept. Her helmet was a full head helmet, but you could be able to see her eyes out of the visor, and that right there was where you needed to watch, because right there you could tell if she was pissed or not, and right then she seriously looked pissed.

"I'll be, you look like you're going hunting." Amy spoke up seeing the armor.

Corinne turned to look at each of us. "Damn right I'm going hunting, and I dare anyone to get in my way, this huntress is going to kick some serious ass." She said.

I looked at her. "Good, then that's what we'll call you from now on, Huntress. Because once we get you trained up, then we're all going hunting, and low be the ones that stand in the way." I stated.

Corrine cocked her arm and one of the cannon weapons came out. "Good, time to kick some ass."


No comments:

Post a Comment